Hatha Yoga - studio attendance
December 10 (Thursday) at 18:15
Physical demands - your body, your yoga
Mixed Level - Medium physical demand with options to work towards stronger variations
A mindful sequence of asanas (postures) focusing on a theme or the build-up to a peak.
In a theme class, we focus on a particular area of the body or specific technique to create strength, flexibility or awareness. In a peak class, we aim to prepare the body slowly for a more challenging asana, before winding down through a restorative, relaxing practice to a close.
Studio Safety Precautions
Please ensure YOU
- Bring your own mat.
- Come dressed for yoga (changing rooms closed)
- Come only when you are well. If you are unwell with a temperature or cough, please do not attend.
- Observe physical distancing practices (2m, or 1m+ when 2m is not possible)
- Arrive in good time (10 minutes before class) as these procedures take more time.
- Clean the studio throughly between every class: floor, handles, surfaces.
- Practice with all windows and doors open where possible.
- Guide you on how to maintain social distance as you enter and leave for practice.
- Observe 'no hands', 'no prop' approach to teaching.
- Keep you up to date with information about safety advice.
Procedure for arriving
- Wait outside the Breathing Space at the designated queuing markers on George Street.
- As you enter one at a time, please remove your shoes and leave them in the designated shoe area opposite the door.
- Sanitise your hands at the hand station before entering the studio.
- Go directly to the studio (Studio 1, downstairs)
- Take your mat to the furtherest designated spot (positions marked out).
- Leave the studio one at a time, as directed by the teacher, so that social distance can be observed at all times.