Forrest Inspired Yoga (75 minutes) - studio attendance
August 2 (Sunday) at 10:00
1 hour 15 minutes
Physical demands - your body, your yoga
Physically demanding practice
Forrest yoga is a style of yoga that was devised by American yogi, Ana T. Forrest. It uses the motto, “Go Deeper”.
Forrest Yoga is built on the basis of four pillars:
During these sessions, inspired by the teachings of Ana Forrest, we put an emphasis on:
- finding connection in the body through deep breathing
- becoming centred through core strength
- becoming self aware of our ‘edges’ and creating a sense of freedom on and off the mat.
These elements create an intensely physical and internally focused yoga practice.
You don’t need to be strong or flexible to attempt Forrest Yoga. All you need is a willingness to learn. Whether you’re brand new to yoga or a well-seasoned practitioner, this style can offer you many benefits.
Join Maria as she guides you through her own practice which incorporates elements of inspiration taken from Forrest Yoga and other more traditional forms of Yoga such as Hatha and Vinyasa Flow.
Studio Safety Precautions
Please ensure YOU
- Bring your own mat.
- Come dressed for yoga (changing rooms closed)
- Come only when you are well. If you are unwell with a temperature or cough, please do not attend.
- Observe physical distancing practices (2m, or 1m+ when 2m is not possible)
- Arrive in good time (10 minutes before class) as these procedures take more time.
- Clean the studio throughly between every class: floor, handles, surfaces.
- Practice with all windows and doors open where possible.
- Guide you on how to maintain social distance as you enter and leave for practice.
- Observe 'no hands', 'no prop' approach to teaching.
- Keep you up to date with information about safety advice.
Procedure for arriving
- Wait outside the Breathing Space at the designated queuing markers on George Street.
- As you enter one at a time, please remove your shoes and leave them in the designated shoe area opposite the door.
- Sanitise your hands at the hand station before entering the studio.
- Go directly to the studio (Studio 1, downstairs)
- Take your mat to the furtherest designated spot (positions marked out).
- Leave the studio one at a time, as directed by the teacher, so that social distance can be observed at all times.
Sorry - that class has already taken place!